Grand Staff Thrift Boutique is the only upscale resale shop
in the country making an eternal difference in the lives of
abandoned, orphaned, and vulnerable children in eSwatini, Africa.
215 North Main, Buhler, KS
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(Closed Sunday and Monday)
Operating the boutique requires having 4 - 8
trained volunteers present at all times.
Skill sets include:
*Sense of fashion/style
*Love for order
*Good at google searches
*Attention to detail
*Willing to get a job done, whatever it takes
*Able to motivate/lead
*Able to lift
* Sorting donations
* Cleaning items (washing dishes, laundry)
* Hanging/Steaming/Ironing/Tagging clothes
* Googling prices
* Welcoming customers and answering questions
* Running the cash register
* Setting up displays
* Communicating our mission to customers
* Making simple repairs to otherwise good items
* Painting furniture, etc., to make it look "shabby chic," etc.
*Cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.)
* Organizing work rooms & storage areas
* Picking up donations and bringing them to the store in Buhler. (We don't currently do this, but if we had volunteers willing, we could add it. This would especially be an option when someone is donating larger pieces like furniture, but not for clothes and housewares after rummage sales. Consider the size of your vehicle since sometimes it could be a large amount to haul. Also, consider your strength for lifting.)
We need to fill shifts every day Tues. - Sat.:
10:00 AM - 1:30 PM, and 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
If you are available for any of those times, or if you can come on a less structured time frame, please contact the store manager at 620-931-5782.
Thank you in advance!
(Volunteers receive one "dollar" of thrift cash
store credit for every hour worked!)
Donations keep the store open!
We accept gently-used and new items as donations, such as adult and children's clothing and accessories, shoes, home decor, dishes, housewares, pictures, furniture, and more. Donations are accepted during regular business hours.
If you have a special situation, need someone to pick up large items or can only bring donations when the store is closed, please make arrangements with the store manager at 620-931-5782.
And please request a receipt to use for tax purposes!
We're amazed at the wonderful items and clothes that are donated to the boutique every day!
Come see for yourself! Great prices, too!
(Picture by Kathy Hanks, Reporter for Hutch News)
Shepherd's Care Home
Thanks to the support of those who give, serve, and shop at the boutique, our first home was completed in April, 2017! Fourteen children now make this their forever family home. We appreciate all of you!
(Read the story here.)
Copyright Becky Spencer Ministries 2012